Well, I'm 23 and I grew up in the North East, studying art. I wanted to be a concept artist. But then I moved to the South and began taking my music seriously, which started as just a hobby. I'd play odd gigs every now and then at my local pub but when I moved I decided to study music.
Do you still do art as a hobby?
Yeah, and photography actually. I have a little flip notebook I carry everywhere with me for little doodles, lyric and music ideas and stuff. I always keep my camera and a pencil handy. I'm also an avid vinyl record collector. I'm a big fan of the vintage feel and the nostalgia. My favourite record at the moment is Arctic Monkeys' album, AM. I'm a big fan of their's.
What influenced and inspired your new album?
My vinyl record collection inspired me. I wanted to make an album that would sound fantastic on vinyl. I love the warm, nostalgic sound and feel. There's nothing like it! But this album is also really close to my heart because its influenced by home. It was written with home and family in mind, things I hold close to me.
How have you handled the sudden fame?
I'm honestly overwhelmed! It's insane! I'm being recognized everywhere and my fans numbers are growing rapidly. I never thought I'd ever get here; it's amazing. However, like I said before, I still keep my family and friends close. I'll never sacrifice them for my career.
So, what's next for you?
Gosh, I haven't even thought about the future! I'm taking every day as it comes. I'm hoping to go on tour maybe next year and I've already made a start on a couple of new songs. So yeah, get excited for those!
What influenced and inspired your new album?
My vinyl record collection inspired me. I wanted to make an album that would sound fantastic on vinyl. I love the warm, nostalgic sound and feel. There's nothing like it! But this album is also really close to my heart because its influenced by home. It was written with home and family in mind, things I hold close to me.
How have you handled the sudden fame?
I'm honestly overwhelmed! It's insane! I'm being recognized everywhere and my fans numbers are growing rapidly. I never thought I'd ever get here; it's amazing. However, like I said before, I still keep my family and friends close. I'll never sacrifice them for my career.
So, what's next for you?
Gosh, I haven't even thought about the future! I'm taking every day as it comes. I'm hoping to go on tour maybe next year and I've already made a start on a couple of new songs. So yeah, get excited for those!
No comments:
Post a Comment