Thursday, 29 October 2015

Indie Magazine Planning


Masthead Designs

TRACK
This font is simple but easy to read and effective. It isn’t a usual font choice for magazines’ mastheads but I think it suits the style and genre of my magazine while still being bold enough to catch my target readership’s eye. This is the font I have chosen.
T R A C K
This font is unusual for a magazine’s masthead but I think it suits my magazine’s style and genre. It looks like it has been handwritten, which makes it interesting but it might not be bold and eye catching enough.
TRACK
This font is more similar to a traditional magazine’s masthead but is still different and interesting. I think it suits my magazine’s style and genre, getting my target readership’s attention.
TRACK
This font is unusual for a magazine’s masthead but I think it suits my magazine’s style and genre. It looks like it has been handwritten, which makes it interesting but it might not be bold and eye catching enough.

These are my masthead design ideas for my front cover. The first one is my chosen font with half a vinyl record on top of it. My second one is my chosen font with an arrow underneath it. These fit the indie style, attracting my target readership. I particularly like the vinyl record so I will be using that as my masthead, also incorporating it into my house style.

No comments:

Post a Comment